AP1 to AP2 Upgrade

Här diskuterar vi om Tesla Model S

Moderator: Redaktion

Användarvisningsbild
vinothkannan
Teslaägare

AP1 to AP2 Upgrade

Inlägg av vinothkannan »

Is it possible to upgrade with the help of parts catalog website from Tesla to see the right wiring harness
and buy the after market AP2 hardwares..at a better price than waiting for parts from Tesla.
https://epc.teslamotors.com/?fbclid=IwA ... oups/59832

Hardwares include:
1.Front windshield
2.INLINE TRIPLE CAMERA
3.B-pillar cameras & accessories
4.Side Indicators cameras
5.ASsY, FRont RADAR BRACKET, MS2
6.Insulate all the additional harnesses.
Since all the harnesses deal with 12V --less risks on HV parts..
Firmware & software upgrades along with labor work.
Planning to make a detailed harness chart by comparing the AP1 and AP2 harness
I hope this should be possible.. :-P..
But the question is will this void the warranty :-)
2018-11-01 15-37-44.jpg
MX100D-AP3-FSD
Användarvisningsbild
Johnalm
Teslaägare

Re: AP1 to AP2 Upgrade

Inlägg av Johnalm »

Has anyone actually upgraded their AP from AP1 to AP2? Does Tesla offer this upgrade at their Service Centers? Cost?
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2021
Tidigare ägare av:
M3 LR -19
MX P90D -16
MS 85 -14
Användarvisningsbild
vinothkannan
Teslaägare

Inlägg av vinothkannan »

I am investigating into this.. and planning to prepare a document and speak with Tesla Customer service.
MX100D-AP3-FSD
Användarvisningsbild
rockard
Teslaägare

Inlägg av rockard »

Johnalm skrev:
Has anyone actually upgraded their AP from AP1 to AP2? Does Tesla offer this upgrade at their Service Centers? Cost?
I'm pretty sure no-one has done it, even more sure Tesla does not offer this upgrade, and I'm certain that it would be madness to try to do it on your own. Also positive that Tesla would void your warranty if you did it. Sell the AP1 car and buy a used AP2 car instead, then buy a Model 3 with the money you made from working for a salary the hours you DIDN'T put into trying to make the upgrade yourself. ;)
Svart X75D -17
Användarvisningsbild
rockard
Teslaägare

Inlägg av rockard »

In case somebody forgot, or never knew, wk057 retrofitted AP1 in a car without the hardware:
https://skie.net/skynet/projects/tesla/ ... lassic+P85
He's a quite experienced guy, to say the least, and in his own words:
First, don’t expect this to open the floodgates for people to start retrofitting autopilot on to older Model S. This was a pretty crazy project to take on, and honestly I’m not going to do it again. It requires the ability to modify the vehicle’s internal configuration and the ability to calibrate and VIN-burn various modules once they’re installed and wired, none of which I am disclosing methods for accomplishing, sorry.
I really don't think that you can "win" anything on trying to do this. If it was a reasonable project, Tesla would be offering to do it.
Svart X75D -17
vigge50

Inlägg av vigge50 »

rockard skrev:
Johnalm skrev:
I'm pretty sure no-one has done it, even more sure Tesla does not offer this upgrade, and I'm certain that it would be madness to try to do it on your own. Also positive that Tesla would void your warranty if you did it. Sell the AP1 car and buy a used AP2 car instead, then buy a Model 3 with the money you made from working for a salary the hours you DIDN'T put into trying to make the upgrade yourself. ;)
If it's possible to add AP1 to a non AP car then it should be possible to update from AP1 to AP2 but I don't want to think about the amount of work that would be necessary. So yes, probably better to buy new car.

http://skie.net/skynet/projects/tesla/v ... lassic+P85
vigge50

Inlägg av vigge50 »

rockard skrev:
In case somebody forgot, or never knew, wk057 retrofitted AP1 in a car without the hardware:
https://skie.net/skynet/projects/tesla/ ... lassic+P85
He's a quite experienced guy, to say the least, and in his own words:
First, don’t expect this to open the floodgates for people to start retrofitting autopilot on to older Model S. This was a pretty crazy project to take on, and honestly I’m not going to do it again. It requires the ability to modify the vehicle’s internal configuration and the ability to calibrate and VIN-burn various modules once they’re installed and wired, none of which I am disclosing methods for accomplishing, sorry.
I really don't think that you can "win" anything on trying to do this. If it was a reasonable project, Tesla would be offering to do it.
Okey, you where faster then me ;)
Användarvisningsbild
vinothkannan
Teslaägare

Inlägg av vinothkannan »

The recent tweets from Elon makes me think crazy.
But i will atleast compare the wiring harnesses difference between AP1vsAP2.. and make an estimate for the spares. and update in this forum :-)
MX100D-AP3-FSD
Användarvisningsbild
vinothkannan
Teslaägare

Inlägg av vinothkannan »

Reply.. from Jason Hughes.. In the meantime I will do a parts study and wiring harness :-)
2018-11-08 11-01-23.jpg
MX100D-AP3-FSD
Skriv svar