Latest software update

Här diskuterar vi om Tesla Model 3

Moderator: Redaktion

Dani

Latest software update

Inlägg av Dani »

Hej.
After reading through the release notes for the 2019.36.2.1 for my Model 3 SR+ in Sweden. I realised two things.

1. the supercharger update to 170kw is not mentioned (as were on some US review). Is this a EU thing or whats the reason do you guys think?

2. The improved visualization including identifying traffic cones was not mentioned in my release note. some people is referring to this being the fact of 2.5 vs 3 HW where only the later one get it. But then again M3 cars sins april is suppose to have the HW3, and my car is june/july.

Any simular experience for you guys? here is a guy testing it in US . Do any one of you guys know if there is an easy way to find out if you have 2.5 or 3?
Användarvisningsbild
renes
Teslaägare

Re: Latest software update

Inlägg av renes »

Dani skrev:
Hej.
After reading through the release notes for the 2019.36.2.1 for my Model 3 SR+ in Sweden. I realised two things.

1. the supercharger update to 170kw is not mentioned (as were on some US review). Is this a EU thing or whats the reason do you guys think?

2. The improved visualization including identifying traffic cones was not mentioned in my release note. some people is referring to this being the fact of 2.5 vs 3 HW where only the later one get it. But then again M3 cars sins april is suppose to have the HW3, and my car is june/july.

Any simular experience for you guys? here is a guy testing it in US . Do any one of you guys know if there is an easy way to find out if you have 2.5 or 3?
1. The supercharger change was withdrawn. I'm guessing they ran into a problem with it. Hopefully, they'll fix that and roll it out later.

2. If you didn't get the cones, you have HW 2.5. It seems most (all?) LR AWD Model 3 got HW 3.0 while most (all?) SR+ got only HW 2.5 even after April. So, yes, getting the cones or not is the easiest way to find out if you have HW 3 or not.
M3 SR+ 2019 FSD, HW 2.5, HW 3, 18"
MS LR 2023 FSD, HW 4, 19"
Användarvisningsbild
LasseTM
Teslaägare

Inlägg av LasseTM »

Dani skrev:
Hej.

The best way I know is to check HW 2.5 vs 3 is Sentry video encoding.
If you got h264 = HW2,5 and if it is h265 = HW3
Renault Zoe Intens 41kWh -17
Tesla Model 3 SR+ med drag -20
Tesla Model 3 LR med drag -20
17.6kW solpaneler på taket
Användarvisningsbild
loftux
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/peter18116
Kontakt:

Inlägg av loftux »

LasseTM skrev:
The best way I know is to check HW 2.5 vs 3 is Sentry video encoding.
If you got h264 = HW2,5 and if it is h265 = HW3
That no longer works, they reverted so all HW versions save files in h264.
Model Y Performance, Midnattsskörsbärsröd, Vit interiör
Model 3 LR AWD 2019, Pearl White, Vit interiör, 18" Aero, FSD
Nissan Leaf Tekna 2013
Användarvisningsbild
Nico
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Nico »

My car was born in may and i have the cones.

Btw, what is better with hw3 compared to hw2,5?
Model 3 Long Range AWD
Användarvisningsbild
pinussen
Teslaägare
Kontakt:

Inlägg av pinussen »

Nico skrev:

Cones! :) No, the only advantage currently is that it's more future proof. Supposedly needed for "complete" FSD as well whenever that arrives.
Användarvisningsbild
Pigi71
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/pierluigi20337

Inlägg av Pigi71 »

Nico skrev:
Mine, LR AWD also, born in April and I have HW2.5 (asked Support through the chat). The official switch to HW3 was more or less confirmed in May and your car prove it.
Användarvisningsbild
pinussen
Teslaägare
Kontakt:

Inlägg av pinussen »

They started switching in April but it seems only the more expensive models got it. SR+ seems to have gotten the HW 2.5 they already had in store. Well into June at least.

Mine is born May 18. SR+ HW 2.5
Användarvisningsbild
Jerker
elbilist

Inlägg av Jerker »

My mode 3 SR+ is manufactured in August and seems to have 2.5.
Användarvisningsbild
RagWal
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/ragnar71607

Inlägg av RagWal »

Maybe excess stock of HW2.5s or even from HW replacement program is used for some new cars. Likely ones who hasn't bought FSD option?
My guess only, no source.
Användarvisningsbild
renes
Teslaägare

Inlägg av renes »

RagWal skrev:
Maybe excess stock of HW2.5s or even from HW replacement program is used for some new cars. Likely ones who hasn't bought FSD option?
My guess only, no source.
Since they don't match up cars with buyers until well after production, it seems they assumed most FSD buyers would be LR AWD buyers, and consequently let the lower tier SR+ get the old hardware.
M3 SR+ 2019 FSD, HW 2.5, HW 3, 18"
MS LR 2023 FSD, HW 4, 19"
Användarvisningsbild
Nico
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Nico »

pinussen skrev:
Nico skrev:

Cones! :) No, the only advantage currently is that it's more future proof. Supposedly needed for "complete" FSD as well whenever that arrives.
Haha sounds like an illnes. :D Maybe there is a prescription :D

Alright, i never bought the car with fsd since it currently locked down by EU.
Model 3 Long Range AWD
Skriv svar