Best försäkring for Tesla's

Här diskuterar vi frågor som berör flera av Teslas produkter.

Moderator: Redaktion

GordonVanDyke

Best försäkring for Tesla's

Inlägg av GordonVanDyke »

I just got an update for my next years försäkring with Trygg Hansa for my LRM3 and it went up around 33%. I had no incidents last year. I can't see how they can justify the cost when they aren't very good and have insanely steep deductibles for damage to the car. I just had a stone chip my front glass roof panel and they've been little help. Is there a better insurer in Sweden for a Tesla?
Användarvisningsbild
OlleBack
Teslaägare

Re: Best försäkring for Tesla's

Inlägg av OlleBack »

Unfortunately it seems to depend a a lot from case to case. Some parts of Länsförsäkringar seems to be rather nice and cheap but they have different organizations and prices in different parts of the country. Might be worth checking out.
Användarvisningsbild
OfarligTesla
Teslaägare

Inlägg av OfarligTesla »

The deductible is going to be the same everywhere due to your vehicle having vagnskadegaranti included in purchase that covers your vehicle unless other's are at fault. There are insurers that cover part of that deductible as part of their coverage, Trygg-Hansa covers 3000 SEK of it.

First year Trygg-Hansa usually offers 25% off so it is probably that effect you see now. You can usually call in and haggle to get it down though. I chose to try Watercircles this year as they had lower premiums and they reduce the deductible to 3500 SEK.
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/mikael72656

Inlägg av mikebike »

GordonVanDyke skrev:
I just got an update for my next years försäkring with Trygg Hansa for my LRM3 and it went up around 33%. I had no incidents last year. I can't see how they can justify the cost when they aren't very good and have insanely steep deductibles for damage to the car. I just had a stone chip my front glass roof panel and they've been little help. Is there a better insurer in Sweden for a Tesla?
You had a 25% discount the first year?
That translates to a 33% rise the following year.

Buy a new car every year! :D
Volvo PV 544 Special 1963

Tesla Model Y LR 2022. Midnight Silver.
GordonVanDyke

Thanks for the quick replies, I’m still learning all these small, but significant, difference between insurance Sweden vs California. And getting used to the frequent stone impacts as if we drive in a meteor belt instead of on a motorway.

If someone could explain the full insurance vs partial insurance I’d be very grateful. So far I’ve struggled to have it explained clearly. IF I use my current situation as an example maybe that would make it easier. On Feb 18 on the E4 heading to Uppsala I had a stone fly up and impact the front roof panel and cause a small radial impact. Since it’s not covered like the windscreen glass how would I go about having that repaired?
Användarvisningsbild
OfarligTesla
Teslaägare

Inlägg av OfarligTesla »

GordonVanDyke skrev:
Thanks for the quick replies, I’m still learning all these small, but significant, difference between insurance Sweden vs California. And getting used to the frequent stone impacts as if we drive in a meteor belt instead of on a motorway.

If someone could explain the full insurance vs partial insurance I’d be very grateful. So far I’ve struggled to have it explained clearly. IF I use my current situation as an example maybe that would make it easier. On Feb 18 on the E4 heading to Uppsala I had a stone fly up and impact the front roof panel and cause a small radial impact. Since it’s not covered like the windscreen glass how would I go about having that repaired?
The difference between full insurance (“helförsäkring”) and partial insurance (“halvförsäkring”) is that the former includes coverage of your own vehicle if someone else’s insurance isn’t liable for damage to it.

In Sweden most cars comes with “vagnskadegaranti” at purchase which includes the add on from partial to full insurance for the first 3 years of the cars life, unfortunately often with a higher deductible. The plus side is you get full coverage even with the partial insurance.

As for the glass roof on Tesla’s that is considered as body damage and any claim would go on the “vagnskadegaranti” with the high deductible. Since the cost of the claim needs to be higher than the deductible and the replacement roof is cheaper you would be out of pocket for it yourself (unless prices changed recently). I think you can go through the Tesla app for it.
GordonVanDyke

OfarligTesla skrev:
GordonVanDyke skrev:

The difference between full insurance (“helförsäkring”) and partial insurance (“halvförsäkring”) is that the former includes coverage of your own vehicle if someone else’s insurance isn’t liable for damage to it.

In Sweden most cars comes with “vagnskadegaranti” at purchase which includes the add on from partial to full insurance for the first 3 years of the cars life, unfortunately often with a higher deductible. The plus side is you get full coverage even with the partial insurance.

As for the glass roof on Tesla’s that is considered as body damage and any claim would go on the “vagnskadegaranti” with the high deductible. Since the cost of the claim needs to be higher than the deductible and the replacement roof is cheaper you would be out of pocket for it yourself (unless prices changed recently). I think you can go through the Tesla app for it.
Thanks, that clears it up a lot for me. :)
Skriv svar