ESA tecknar kontrakt med SpaceX pga strul m Ariane 6

Här diskuterar vi Elon Musks övriga företag och projekt.

Moderator: Redaktion

Användarvisningsbild
spacecoin
Teslaägare

ESA tecknar kontrakt med SpaceX pga strul m Ariane 6

Inlägg av spacecoin »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -next-year?

"Europe’s space agency reached a tentative deal with SpaceX to launch as many as four satellites next year amid setbacks with the region’s latest homegrown rocket.

The agreement with the European Space Agency requires final approval from the European Commission and other EU member states before taking effect, a spokesperson for the ESA said by phone on Monday.

SpaceX plans two Falcon 9 launches, each with two Galileo satellites on board, the Wall Street Journal reported earlier on Monday, citing the agency’s director of navigation, Javier Benedicto. The ESA’s Galileo constellation provides navigation services around the world.

As the US and China accelerate space exploration, Europe is struggling to achieve its ambitions in the space sector.

In the most recent delay for the Ariane 6 rocket, the ESA rescheduled a long-duration firing test to Nov. 23 from Oct. 3, after finding a problem with hydraulic equipment. The ESA aims to use the Ariane 6 to launch Galileo satellites in the future."

Användarvisningsbild
Thed75
Teslaägare

Re: ESA tecknar kontrakt med SpaceX pga strul m Ariane 6

Inlägg av Thed75 »

Elon blir sn(usk)igt rik
Användarvisningsbild
fth
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/fredrik8071

Re: ESA tecknar kontrakt med SpaceX pga strul m Ariane 6

Inlägg av fth »

Det är ju redan i praktiken ett monopol, SpaceX står för typ 80% av all last till omloppsbana, typ 10ggr mer än tvåan, som är staten Kina (!), Starlink utgör också sedan tidigare i år mer än 50% av alla aktiva satelliter. :shock:

Jag är lite kluven inför detta, det är förstås oerhört positivt att Elon (i princip på egen hand och med egna pengar) accelererar hela denna enormt viktiga utveckling, men vad i h-e pysslar alla andra med, och är det i längden hälsosamt med den här typen av de facto monopol? :?

/fth
X90D, 7-sits monopost, Titanium Metallic, AP1, alla options
Skriv svar