Wall Connector Gen 3

Här diskuterar vi hur vi laddar våra bilar hemma.

Moderator: Redaktion

Användarvisningsbild
vinsai05
Teslaägare

Wall Connector Gen 3

Inlägg av vinsai05 »

Hi, we have installed a Wall connector gen 3. It works very good charging my Tesla model s. When i would like to charge my Kia Optima plug in hybrid, it works as well but to connect it and disconnect it from the car is very very hard. I am afraid if i will break the socket.

I have checked before on the internet that the charger is compatable to charge and it works but the connector is too hard to insert and remove and i dont have this problem connecting any other type 2 connector.

I have called the installer about it and he said if its working with Tesla and have no problems with installation we can't do much about it. You need to contact Tesla about compatability with Non Tesla cars or any other problems with the connector compatability.

I have chosen Wall connector gen 3, for the reason i can charge both the cars but its not working great. Does anyone experience the same problem ?

/Dinesh
Användarvisningsbild
FA89
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/fredrik310834

Re: Wall Connector Gen 3

Inlägg av FA89 »

Yes, same here with WC gen3 and Kia Optima phev. Very difficult to connect the charger even though it is type 2.

Have not found a solution. Im using the Kia charger (230V wall socket) instead, not the best solution but it's the only way. Trying to force the tesla charger feels like it could break the socket as you mentioned
Användarvisningsbild
Tesla Y LR
Teslaägare

Re: Wall Connector Gen 3

Inlägg av Tesla Y LR »

I updated the SW in mine, and after that, I could chose in a new meny to ad "not Tesla".
And after that our son can charge his XC60 T6 Hybrid with no problem.
Skriv svar