Tesla 22kW AC Charger (dual charger option)

Här diskuterar vi om Tesla Model 3

Moderator: Redaktion

Vita1024

Tesla 22kW AC Charger (dual charger option)

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

Hello,

I'm trying to convince Tesla to re-introduce dual charger option at least for Model 3/Y. I'm currently gathering community support for my petition (http://chng.it/fR7kn5NC) and I also lead a forum thread (https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/p ... tion.17810) with additional information and explanation of my rationale.

If there is anyone who would also be interested in this feature, please support me here: http://chng.it/fR7kn5NC

In short, my personal reasons are the following:

[*]I don't have a private wallbox
[*]I live just 500m from shopping center with public wallbox in underground grage
[*]After 2h additional fee applies for just being connected and also for parking
[*]I currently drive Zoe, this car will charge there to 100% withing 2h but I would love to switch to Tesla
Användarvisningsbild
martinot
Teslaägare

Re: Tesla 22kW AC Charger (dual charger option)

Inlägg av martinot »

Vita1024 skrev:
Hello,

I'm trying to convince Tesla to re-introduce dual charger option at least for Model 3/Y. I'm currently gathering community support for my petition (http://chng.it/fR7kn5NC) and I also lead a forum thread (https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/p ... tion.17810) with additional information and explanation of my rationale.

If there is anyone who would also be interested in this feature, please support me here: http://chng.it/fR7kn5NC

In short, my personal reasons are the following:

[*]I don't have a private wallbox
[*]I live just 500m from shopping center with public wallbox in underground grage
[*]After 2h additional fee applies for just being connected and also for parking
[*]I currently drive Zoe, this car will charge there to 100% withing 2h but I would love to switch to Tesla
I agree it would be a very interesting to able to buy a 22kW charing option for Teslas. Especially for M3 and MY which are limited to 11kW (and not 16kW as for MS and MX) a 22kW-option would be great.
M3LR
”Vi har i Sverige billig el, vi har ren el, vi har säker el, vi har kort sagt den energiförsörjning som alla andra länder skulle vilja ha. Och vårt huvudsakliga bekymmer är hur vi på kortast möjliga tid ska komma ur denna situation.” - Percy Barnevik
Användarvisningsbild
Off Grid Byggaren

Inlägg av Off Grid Byggaren »

Audi e-tron have this option.
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

martinot skrev:

I agree it would be a very interesting to able to buy a 22kW charing option for Teslas. Especially for M3 and MY which are limited to 11kW (and not 16kW as for MS and MX) a 22kW-option would be great.
In this case, please support me with your signature. It will increase my chances to push this request to Tesla.
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

Off Grid Byggaren skrev:
Audi e-tron have this option.
I know, it is a shame that Tesla as electric car leader does not have it (discontinued it to be exact).
Användarvisningsbild
martinot
Teslaägare

Inlägg av martinot »

Vita1024 skrev:
martinot skrev:

In this case, please support me with your signature. It will increase my chances to push this request to Tesla.
Just signed it! Thanks for starting and running this petition! :)
M3LR
”Vi har i Sverige billig el, vi har ren el, vi har säker el, vi har kort sagt den energiförsörjning som alla andra länder skulle vilja ha. Och vårt huvudsakliga bekymmer är hur vi på kortast möjliga tid ska komma ur denna situation.” - Percy Barnevik
Användarvisningsbild
Remuz
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Remuz »

I would love that option on my M3P, I would pay about 20k for it.
P85D svart/svart med gratis SuC
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

Remuz skrev:
Glad to hear that :) Please support me with your signature. I cannot tweet again to Elon before I 10x number of supporters. If I ever do, I will quote you that some people would even pay this amount.
Senast redigerad av Vita1024, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

martinot skrev:
Just signed it! Thanks for starting and running this petition! :)
Thanks, I really appreciate your support and your kind words (this is not always the case, I faced surprising backlash on some forums).
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

I appreciate support of all the people who responded to me and your kind treatment. If you have any friends who might be interested in this, I will appreciate if you will share it with them.
Användarvisningsbild
Remuz
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Remuz »

Vita1024 skrev:
Remuz skrev:
Glad to hear that :) Please support me with your signature. I cannot tweet again to Elon before I 10x number of supporters. If I ever do, I will quote you that some people would even pay this amount.

Ofc I signed and you are free to quote me :lol:
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/mikael72656

Inlägg av mikebike »

I charge one hour every week in a mall, twice as much power would be nice....
Volvo PV 544 Special 1963

Tesla Model Y LR 2022. Midnight Silver.
Användarvisningsbild
OlleBack
Teslaägare

Inlägg av OlleBack »

Remuz skrev:
What currency is that? :d OP is from czech republic i think :)
Användarvisningsbild
Remuz
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Remuz »

OlleBack skrev:
Remuz skrev:
SEK :lol: :lol:
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

Remuz skrev:
OlleBack skrev:
Remuz skrev:
SEK :lol: :lol:
OK, I thought you are talking $/€, that brings me back to reality :)
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

mikebike skrev:
I charge one hour every week in a mall, twice as much power would be nice....
Please sign. If you know anybody else like you, please share. If I do get to at least 1k supporters, I cannot go back to Musk. It would be like scene from 2001 Shrek "You and what army?" :)
Användarvisningsbild
lawgiver
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/erik69077

Inlägg av lawgiver »

Signed it!
I would personally love to see that option back for S/X as well.
(There are many chargepoints that support 22kW....why did Tesla decide to only support one charger for the facelift models? Or rather...why not make a 22kW charger and sell it to me as an upgrade?)
S90D Facelift, NextGen-baksäte, MCU2, CCS, Fri SuC

Väck inte bilen i onödan, prova Tessie: https://tessie.com/
Vita1024

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

lawgiver skrev:
Signed it!
I would personally love to see that option back for S/X as well.
(There are many chargepoints that support 22kW....why did Tesla decide to only support one charger for the facelift models? Or rather...why not make a 22kW charger and sell it to me as an upgrade?)
Thanks!

Same situation with 22kW AC chargers in Prague, you can check also this thread https://www.speakev.com/threads/do-you- ... ar.157911/ if you are interested learn more.

Exactly, this is also what I mentioned in the petition - provide it at least as an option that I can request and it will be installed after purchase at service center.
Vita1024

Celebrating 200 supporters milestone

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

Number of supporters has just passed 200 mark. I believe that 100% of people from Sweden who supported me are from this forum. Big shout out to all of you who supported me so far!

If there is anybody who would be willing to help me by sharing or advice me how I can reach bigger audience (FB group, forum,...) in your own country or other countries, I'm all ears. So far I was not able to "speak" to biggest EV markets in EU like Norway, Netherlands...
UqytcITAJpikSBQ-800x450-noPad.jpg
Vita1024

Close to 400 supporters

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

CountryBreakdown.PNG
If anybody is interested how my effort is going, I have just dumped fresh data. Support is growing but not exactly overwhelming :) Sweden is currently #6. If anybody would be willing to help me promote this in your country and possibly advise on a popular forum/FB group where people might be interested, I will appreciate it.
Användarvisningsbild
martinot
Teslaägare

Re: Close to 400 supporters

Inlägg av martinot »

Vita1024 skrev:
CountryBreakdown.PNG
If anybody is interested how my effort is going, I have just dumped fresh data. Support is growing but not exactly overwhelming :) Sweden is currently #6. If anybody would be willing to help me promote this in your country and possibly advise on a popular forum/FB group where people might be interested, I will appreciate it.
Thanks. I mentioned it on this electrical car section on the Swedish Flashback forum:

https://www.flashback.org/f541
M3LR
Vita1024

Re: Close to 400 supporters

Inlägg av Vita1024 »

martinot skrev:
Thanks. I mentioned it on this electrical car section on the Swedish Flashback forum:
https://www.flashback.org/f541
Thanks. I really appreciate your support. I can tell you with all the countries where I tried to get support, people in Sweden and Finland were the most constructive and friendly to me.
Användarvisningsbild
McFace
Teslaägare

Inlägg av McFace »

Vad är egentligen praktiskt use-case för 22kw? Jag förstår att mer är bättre, men vad är den praktiska skillnaden mellan att ladda på 8 eller 4 timmar (eller snarare 6/3 med tanke på de flestas laddvanor)?

Jag ser att till exempel om man laddar på ICA kommer det ju märkas om man får 22 istället för 11, men då ska ju även laddpunkten regelmässigt ge det extra utrymmet.
Användarvisningsbild
LarsL
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/lars74032

Inlägg av LarsL »

Är nog mest för personer som saknar hemma laddning eller som ofta är ute på resor där de gör halv korta besök på ställen med 22kW uttag, typ kundbesök. Jag har knappt använt mina 11 kW mer än någon enstaka gång.
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/mikael72656

Inlägg av mikebike »

LarsL skrev:
Är nog mest för personer som saknar hemma laddning eller som ofta är ute på resor där de gör halv korta besök på ställen med 22kW uttag, typ kundbesök. Jag har knappt använt mina 11 kW mer än någon enstaka gång.
Ja, precis. Jag kan inte ladda hemma, men jag laddar minst en timme i veckan i ett köpcentrum.
Volvo PV 544 Special 1963

Tesla Model Y LR 2022. Midnight Silver.
Skriv svar