Doors in Winter

Här diskuterar vi frågor som berör flera av Teslas produkter.

Moderator: Redaktion

Användarvisningsbild
swapnilpt005
Teslaägare

Doors in Winter

Inlägg av swapnilpt005 »

Hej,
Jag skulle vilja veta om vi kan förhindra att dörren/fönstren fryser under vintern. Jag brukar parkera min bil utanför och vissa minusgrader fryser dörrarna och glaset kommer inte upp/ner förrän vi förvärmt bilen i 15-20 minuter

In English
Hello,
I would like to know if we can prevent the door/windows from getting frozen during winters. I usually park my car outside and on some freezing days the doors get frozen and the glass doesn't come up/down until we preheat the car for 15-20 mins
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/mikael72656

Re: Doors in Winter

Inlägg av mikebike »

Silicone grease on all rubber surfaces, also on the bottom of the side windows.
WD-40 on door handle hinges and on the outside mirrors.
I use this, but it's out of stock:
https://www.biltema.se/bilvard/smorjmed ... 2000030629

EDIT: Jula has a similar product: https://www.jula.se/catalog/bil-och-gar ... tt-001969/
Volvo PV 544 Special 1963

Tesla Model Y LR 2022. Midnight Silver.
Användarvisningsbild
AAKEE
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/ke18519

Inlägg av AAKEE »

I’ve had had a Model 3 over 3 vinters.
Before that I have a Audi with the same frameless solution for 12 years until today.

I havent really had any issues with frozen windows, so I have not used any substances.
MSP ’23 Ultra Red/black 21” Arachnid
M3P ’21 Multicoat/black
Mazda Rx3 -73, Audi A5
Användarvisningsbild
fth
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/fredrik8071

Inlägg av fth »

I have been told that you should never use silicone products on the rubber seals, so i ordered a silicon free "gummipflege" product that i have been using.

That said, i have never had any issues with the doors/windows freezing during six Swedish winters, neither before or after i started using the "gummipflege" on my seals.

/fth
X90D, 7-sits monopost, Titanium Metallic, AP1, alla options
Användarvisningsbild
AAKEE
Teslaägare
Referralkod: ts.la/ke18519

Inlägg av AAKEE »

fth skrev: 02 okt 2023 15:48
I have been told that you should never use silicone products on the rubber seals, so i ordered a silicon free "gummipflege" product that i have been using.

That said, i have never had any issues with the doors/windows freezing during six Swedish winters, neither before or after i started using the "gummipflege" on my seals.

/fth
Yes, a little of my thinking.

When I was in the armed forces as a diver the one-and-only solution was talc powder or baby powder for all rubber things.

Havent used it on the cars but the Audis rubber strips almost felt like that when new, and to some extent still does.
MSP ’23 Ultra Red/black 21” Arachnid
M3P ’21 Multicoat/black
Mazda Rx3 -73, Audi A5
Användarvisningsbild
bjelkeman
Teslaägare
Kontakt:

Inlägg av bjelkeman »

Both my Model S and Model 3 have had issues when I haven’t preheated long enough. Often after snow, that has melted and frozen again.

I have a special credit card for these occasions. Slide down between the seal and the window so the window isn’t frozen in place, when the door is opened. But haven’t had the window freeze at the top, much. Mostly at the bottom.
Röd Model 3 AWD LR. TSLA investerare. Egen vindkraft via Solivind El Ekonomiska Förening & solpaneler. Tidigare en S75D. Bygger framtidens matproduktion hos Johannas.
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare

Inlägg av mikebike »

bjelkeman skrev: 02 okt 2023 20:00
Both my Model S and Model 3 have had issues when I haven’t preheated long enough. Often after snow, that has melted and frozen again.

I have a special credit card for these occasions. Slide down between the seal and the window so the window isn’t frozen in place, when the door is opened. But haven’t had the window freeze at the top, much. Mostly at the bottom.
I think it's easier to be proactive and grease the rubber seals before the winter. ;)

Användarvisningsbild
bjelkeman
Teslaägare
Kontakt:

Inlägg av bjelkeman »

True. But sometimes it froze anyway.
Röd Model 3 AWD LR. TSLA investerare. Egen vindkraft via Solivind El Ekonomiska Förening & solpaneler. Tidigare en S75D. Bygger framtidens matproduktion hos Johannas.
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare

Inlägg av mikebike »

bjelkeman skrev: 02 okt 2023 21:57
True. But sometimes it froze anyway.
The trick for the door window seals is to smear a layer of grease on the lowest cm of the windows with closed doors.
Then open and close the doors a few times.
Finally wipe off any leftover grease.

It's a good thing this came up now, it reminded me that I need to do this routine soon. ;)

Användarvisningsbild
Jaegaern
Teslaägare

Inlägg av Jaegaern »

/fth
This is what I also use. https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B0012AW4RO Gummipflege which doesn't grease up the sides and makes windows slide easier when in sub-zero temps.

I also bought this https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B000U42S42 which is probably as good, but it smears grease that is highly visible on the windows, even after I wipe off any left overs. Therefor this remains unused and not one of my recommendations. (just included because I didn't know the difference)
Model Y LR vit/svart 2021
Model 3 RWD blå/svart 2022

Köp det mest uppenbara tillbehöret Tesla glömde till model Y https://etsy.me/3jlFpbV

Beställa lastgaller till grossistpris? Se mer här viewtopic.php?p=717298#p717298
OvePaHornet

Inlägg av OvePaHornet »

Jaegaern skrev: 03 okt 2023 07:10

/fth
This is what I also use. https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B0012AW4RO Gummipflege which doesn't grease up the sides and makes windows slide easier when in sub-zero temps.

I also bought this https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B000U42S42 which is probably as good, but it smears grease that is highly visible on the windows, even after I wipe off any left overs. Therefor this remains unused and not one of my recommendations. (just included because I didn't know the difference)
The first one is more of a ”restorer” (but do also prevent freezing). The second one is the ”best” against freezing, containing vaseline which is GREAT for making rubber seals not freeze and doesn’t harm the paint like silicone. Although it’s way messier than the first one (as mentioned).
Wought

Inlägg av Wought »

Elastic Man
swapnilpt005 skrev: 02 okt 2023 11:00
Hej,
Jag skulle vilja veta om vi kan förhindra att dörren/fönstren fryser under vintern. Jag brukar parkera min bil utanför och vissa minusgrader fryser dörrarna och glaset kommer inte upp/ner förrän vi förvärmt bilen i 15-20 minuter

In English
Hello,
I would like to know if we can prevent the door/windows from getting frozen during winters. I usually park my car outside and on some freezing days the doors get frozen and the glass doesn't come up/down until we preheat the car for 15-20 mins
Applying a silicone spray or WD-40 to the rubber seals around the doors can help prevent them from freezing shut. These products create a protective barrier that repels moisture and prevents ice from forming.
Användarvisningsbild
Skatbo

Inlägg av Skatbo »

M3SR+ (21Q3)
VilkenElbilBlirDet

Inlägg av VilkenElbilBlirDet »

Finns det inte också en knapp i appen för att öppna dörrarna?

Hade lätt frysta handtag för någon dag sen, men gick upp rätt lätt den gången.
Användarvisningsbild
mikebike
Teslaägare

Inlägg av mikebike »

VilkenElbilBlirDet skrev: 19 okt 2023 13:53
Finns det inte också en knapp i appen för att öppna dörrarna?

Hade lätt frysta handtag för någon dag sen, men gick upp rätt lätt den gången.
Jo, men det hjälper inte om dörrarna och fönstren frusit fast.

Skriv svar