https://pushevs.com/2020/06/30/citroen- ... tric-e-c4/
Citroën unveils the all-electric ë-C4
Post Author:Pedro LimaPost published:30/06/2020Post Comments:0 Comments
The PSA Group launches another electric car built on the new e-CMP platform, the Citroën ë-C4.
Let’s some parts of the press release.
ë-Comfort means being able to drive 100% electric, with:
– Zero CO2 emissions to satisfy customers’ environmental and ecological conscience
– Zero noise and zero odour, to ensure optimum comfort in terms of noise and odour in electric mode in town
– Zero vibrations, zero jolts, zero gear changes, for perfectly smooth driving
– Immediately available torque for stimulating driving sensations
– Remotely programmable services for peace of mind every day
– Reduced maintenance costs
> SMOOTH 100% ELECTRIC DRIVING
New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric has an efficient engine with zero CO2 emissions and a WLTP cycle range of 350 kmi. In addition to the pleasure of driving 100% electric, with no CO2 emissions and real savings in use, New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric allows access to the restricted traffic areas of cities, which are increasingly off-limits to conventional engine vehicles.
This 100% electric engine is particularly powerful and energetic, whatever the circumstances, with 136 hp of power, 260 Nm of torque instantly available for clean, linear acceleration, 0-100 km/h in 9.7 seconds in Sport mode and a top speed of 150 km/h. The 50 kWh electric motor battery is high-voltage 400 V Li-Ion.
New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric has a Brake feature that amplifies deceleration of the vehicle without pressing the brake pedal, to increase range. This system allows recovery of the energy available during braking and deceleration phases, unlike the conventional ICE versions. This action lets the driver partially recharge the battery and increase range.
Several driving modes are available, activated by the mode selector on the centre console: Eco, Normal or Sport, which acts on various parameters including air conditioning and effective power and performance, allowing the driver to choose between dynamism or optimal eco-driving.
For even greater peace of mind, the battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charge capacity.
> OPTIMISED CHARGING TIME FOR EASY RECHARGING
Charge time is optimised:
– In mode 4 on a public charging station, using a 100 kW fast-charge charger, the battery recharges at a rate of 10 km/min, a value at the best level in the segment: 80% of the charge is completed in 30 min.
– In mode 3 at home, on a 32 A Wall Box either purchased or rented, battery recharging is accelerated and takes 7.5 hours in single-phase, or even 5 hours in three-phase with the optional 11 kW charger.
– In mode 2 at home, for occasional needs, the battery can be recharged in 15 hours on a 16 A Legrand Green’up™ type socket and more than 24 hours on a standard domestic socket.
To make life easier for customers and enable them to enjoy their electric vehicle with faster charging times on a daily basis, Citroën takes care of everything and offers a “one-stop shop” solution for installing a Wall Box at home.
Charging is simplified and can be programmed or deferred, to benefit from more advantageous off-peak electricity prices for example. Customers program the vehicle charge using the tablet in the passenger compartment or using the My Citroën app. Charging is simple thanks to improved ergonomics of the flap and the charging cables stored on the hinged boot floor. The charging flap features a colour code to visually track the charging process, which can also be viewed on the My Citroën app.
Citroën ë-C4 interior with HUD (Heads-up Display)
Length: 4.360 mm
Width: 1.800 mm / 2.032 mm mirrors extended / 1.834 mm mirrors folded
Height: 1.525 mm
Wheelbase: 2.670 mm
Wheel diameter: 690 mm
Turning circle: 10,9 m
Ground clearance: 156 mm
Boot volume: 380 l, up to 1.250 l
Loading sill height: 715 mm
Power: 100 kW (136 HP)Torque: 260 Nm
Maximum speed: 150 km/h (93 mph)
0-100 km/h: 9,7 seconds (sport mode)
Battery capacity: 50 kWh (46 kWh usable) in 108s2p configuration (216 cells from CATL)
Range: 350 km (217 miles) in WLTP cycle
Battery warranty: 8 years or 160.000 km for 70 % of its charge capacity
100 kW public charging station: battery recharged to 80 % in 30 min, i.e. 10 km/min
32 A Wall Box: between 5 hours (three-phase with the optional 11 kW charger) and 7 hours 30 min (single-phase)
Domestic socket: between 15 hours (high-power socket) and more than 24 hours (standard socket)